Saturday, October 14, 2006

Soup !!!

Have you ever noticed that when you cook soup, and by ‘cook’ I mean open a can, put it in the oven-top safe pot and warm it on the element, that there’s a certain point that it’s got to be the perfect temperature. Or at least my guess is that there’s a certain point of ‘perfect temperature’, BUT I don’t know if I’ve ever found that point in my soup. You either haven’t left it on there long enough, or it’s warm, but not fully cooked (if ya know what I mean) OR, you’ve left it on there to long, and you have to let it sit to ‘cool down’. So something you need to heat up, you need to let cool down. Oh sure you could say, “but Rob, that happens with everything you cook”…and I say, “yes, but why soup?!? It is supposed to be one of the simple things to cook, especially cause you don’t actually cook it… now I’ve got issues with Cambell’s…man

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

soup is like the only thing i ever burn. and i am a martha stewart sort in the kitchen, so don't be dismayed, it happens to all of us. soup from a can is just impossible to deal with perfectly. and i have no idea either.